Are you stuck at home with the COVID-19 quarantines and social distance guidelines? Like the majority of Americans, you’re probably feeling a bit stir-crazy and maybe even feel yourself getting into a funk. Snap out of it! Take advantage of this time and follow these tips to stay busy.
Remember the days when you used to wish for more time? Well, under any other circumstance, you might be happy to have all this time at home. Stay busy with these tips that will make use of your time and will cost less than the inflated prices of hand sanitizer and paper products.
For the Home
- Get Organized – Go through junk drawers, closets, the garage, etc. and get rid of clutter while getting yourself organized. Extra organizing, coupled with cleaning during COVID-19, is basically the most amped-up spring cleaning you could have ever imagined!
- Clean Up Your Outdoor Space – Yardwork or washing the patios is often a to-do item that falls low on the list during busy weekends. With your extra time, get some fresh air and clean up the spaces so you can enjoy them even more now. Plus, the hard work and fresh air is a great way to relieve stress and maybe even get in a little extra exercise.
For the Family
- Connect with Family – This is precious time that you have with your loved ones. Play games, have conversations, and enjoy each other’s company. It’s a special gift that will help you appreciate the otherwise uncomfortable circumstances.
- Shorten the Distance – FaceTime and other ways to video chat are sometimes hard to set up with extended family all over the country because of busy schedules or time zones. Utilize your time at home to set up video calls with loved ones to make memories that will last longer than a post on a news feed.
For the Career
- Refresh Your Online Presence – If you have extra time on your hands, take advantage of it to refresh your professional online presence. Whether you are job searching now or not, a little refresh can take up some time and is well worth the investment.
- Learn a New Skill – If you’ve been considering learning a new skill that could take your career to the next level, now is a great time to do that. Many companies are offering discounted rates during this rocky time, and they are thrilled to have your business. In turn, you can spend some of your free time becoming a more well-rounded professional in your industry.
Spend Time on Your Job Search
If you have extra time on your hands, it’s a good idea to refresh your job search efforts. If you’re in need of temporary work while you’ve been out of work, or need a full-time position, contact Contingent Resource Solutions for professional help to find the right job for you. Even if you’re more of a passive client, reach out and see what other opportunities might propel you in your career.